Monday, September 15, 2008

Cat Contribution

Our group meetings began to help clear up how we were to give our presentation. CC brought up that she saw the cage as a major theme in the play, arching over many of the topics presented. This became our theme. I initially thought I'd tie this idea in with the alcoholism throughout the scenes. Upon further discussion, we opted to cover fewer subjects so as not to rush our discussion. We paired off into three main topic groups. I paired up with Jessica to lead the topic of gender as presented in the play as well as its relation to an outside work War of the Roses. We'd also both serve as kind of the discussion generators in case the group hits a lull. The format we decided on involved saying a few words about our topic and the film clips we were showing, watching the clips (compiled by Pip), and allowing the class to discuss what it says about our topic and how it relates to Williams' play.

Being responsible for knowing a bit about War of the Roses, I thought it somewhat important to have seen the movie. Upon finishing, Jessica and I dialogued on our thoughts on the film and how it related to the characters of the play and societal genders roles and constructs. I also saw that Aeden was having difficulty posting the academic article she had found. After a little research, I found the .pdf copy of the piece and uploaded the file to our Group area.

Since we're the first group, there's always the worry about presenting the "right" way. I suppose we'll see tomorrow.